- Why Bahrain?
- Legal System
- ICT Governance
- Charles Russell LLP
This guide is prepared by:
Charles Russell LLP
“Charles Russell LLP is a leading law firm based in London with regional and international offices providing a wide range of services to companies, institutions and indiviuals, both nationally and internationally.
Investment incentives in Bahrain:
In Bahrain investment and commercial incentives have been incorporated into the legal system to facilitate start up businesses.
- Highly favourable tax environment with no personal, corporate or withholding taxes;
- Freely convertible and stable currency linked at a fixed rate to the United States dollar (USD);
- Low-cost utilities, fuel and telecommunications;
- Attractive industrial incentive package including development finance;
- Services factory and warehouse sites available at low cost;
- 100% foreign ownership of companies and of land permitted;
- Mature legal infrastructure and internationally accepted trade practices;
- Western Asia’s international financial centre, as well as a strategic geographical location, as a transit centre in regional market;
- Proximity and strong business ties with the major markets;
- Major centre of regional insurance activities;
- Extensive free-zone and offshore facilities;
- The region’s most advanced digital telecommunications system;
- Cost effective, highly trained, bilingual workforce;
- GCC customs duties on imports;
- Easy access to visas;
- Fast track company registration;
- Free movement of capital and foreign exchange; and
- “One-stop” facility responsible for assisting investors with application procedures.